Monday, March 5, 2012

Appreciation

adfasd
Last night we had tacos, which is not altogether unusual, tacos are one of my favorite meals. What was unusual is that I made homemade tortillas. Tacos with homemade tortillas was often my requested birthday meal. I'd never made them before so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Well I have a whole new appreciation for my mom. Rolling out those darn tortillas is hard work, or maybe I'm just weak, but either way I'm pretty sure I was using some arm muscles that haven't been used in awhile. After all that effort I couldn't even get the darn things remotely round.

See...


...and that was the the cream of the crop.

They still tasted good, but it made for some interesting tacos. Most of the tortillas were so skiwampus that you really could only fit about a teaspoon of meat, a shred of lettuce and cheese, and about one small chunk of whatever else you wanted on it without it turning into a huge mess; and you could just forget about any sour cream or salsa. So thanks mom for making rather round tortillas from scratch just because I asked you too.


By the way do you have any tips on how to get them round?
I'd even settle of roundish.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes - my forearms hurt thinking about those. Derek loves it when I make them, but it's been years because of that very problem. The dough shrinks while you are trying SO hard to get it stretched. Curses!! But so yummy. I bet they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete