Friday, April 23, 2010

1 down...6570 to go

Well we made it through the first night dispite Emma's, the nursing staff's (who where just doing their jobs and where ridiculously nice), and my pulse rate's (which absolutely refused to get much above 40bpm resulting in an alarm going off every few minutes, unless I was drugged which then shot it up to 110 bpm along with a fever) best efforts. So here's the reward of our survival....lots of pictures!

WAITING FOR EMMA.....


EMMA MEETS THE WORLD...




EMMA MEETS MOM AND DAD...




EMMA MEETS BEN...
I clicked the shutter a half second too late. Ben's expression was actually directed towards Emma before he got distracted by all the cool machinery mom was hooked up to.





There will be more to come, including video; but they'll have to wait till we're discharged. I think I lost more sleep over trying to get these photos posted right using the hospital's lousy internet (the ONLY complaint there is about this great facility) then I did over Emma, the nurses, and the beeping machines combined!

10 comments:

  1. The pictures with Ben and Emma are priceless. He's going to be a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to sleep now that you have this all posted. I'm sure we can all wait. You look great and I am amazed that you are allowing yourself time to play on the computer.
    Ben looks like he is going to be a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. She is beautiful. Its so sweet to see Ben excited to hold his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, Ben looks so proud, and you all look so happy. Congratulations to you all. I'm so glad that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo!!! You did it. Welcome to the world of 2 kids! (Not that I've been here all that long ...) How much did she weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She's so darling. Those pictures of Ben and Emma are so cute, too. He'll be a great big brother. Best of luck these next few weeks!

    -Jeremy, Monica, and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I got all teary eyed seeing beautiful Emma and your happy family. I'm delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH!! Such sweet pictures of big brother Ben! and of Tyson, too. She looks just beautiful and I love seeing a peek into that happy time when a new baby arrives. Congrats again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahoo! congratulations! Ben is doing way better than Ian did--he wouldn't even look at Kellan--for all they say that having them close together is better.

    She is absolutely adorable. Watch out. I live close and may take her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks great! I am glad everything went well. Hurtle one over, now a million billion left. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete