Saturday, December 5, 2009

We're Back (again)! & August

So we're back from over the cascades and some inexplicable force is compelling me to continue catching you all up from the summer before I can tell you about life now. I don't know why. Like I said inexplicable force. So lets push through and get to December! Besides I've heard from a handful of people that they actually like all the collages. Huh, who'd a thought?


August.....

In August basically two things happened. First being the 2009 Eucker Family Reunion. It was only three days, but boy did we pack it in. We started off by surprising Grandpa with a new DSLR camera for his birthday. We promptly gave him ample opportunity to use it by going to the zoo and Washington Park playground. Of course no childhood would be complete without the obligatory "naked in the bath" pictures....



We followed that eventful day up with one full of playing in another park (what can I say, kids love parks), playing wii, tie-dying shirts, playing in the backyard, and just hanging out....



Really the highlight came on the last day....family pictures....in tie-dye!



As you can see the boys were especially cooperative!



Alright now that you all think I'm insane for thinking that family pictures was the highlight. Here's the REAL highlight.....The 2009 Eucker Family Olympics!


Now that was fun. Grandma made each kid a flag from the country of their choice. Ben represented Canada, of course! The two oldest girlies even made anthems for their countries! Very cute and well written I might add. Events included an obstacle course, ball tossing, and creative driving across the yard. There was even an opening ceremony and medal ceremonies (no closing ceremony, by then attention spans had been lost). And yes the adults also did the obstacle course, but those pictures and video will only be sold to the highest bidder.

Sadly the fun had to come to an end and so did our time in Portland. The second event of this month was moving to Pullman for grad school. Moving is rarely fun, but at least Ben thought the truck was just about the darn coolest thing. He had to explore every inch of it at least a dozen times.

I didn't actually get any pictures of the moving in process. I was too busy, I don't know, moving or something. But I did get a few pictures of our first few adventures. Namely, the annual Lentil Festival Parade, (yes you read that right, lentils) exploring the local arboretum, (where the boys actually were surprisingly cooperative for mom's camera practice) sending Tyson off to his first day of school, (he once again cooperatively stood for 30 seconds for the standard first day of school shot. Too bad it turned out so dark, and small in this collage) and discovering our tub has sprouted a fungus. Oh boy, Pullman's going to be fun!


That's a wrap! (for August)

1 comment:

  1. Leah, I really do like the collages, so much so that I would love to know how you do it! Would you email me with instructions? Better yet, email me with your phone number and I'll call you for instruction??!! My Email is kld@uniserve.com

    ReplyDelete